    How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    block one from doing this?

    I do not care to save entire pages each time.
    Anonymous, Jan 10, 2012

  2. On Jan 10, 1:19 pm, Anonymous <> wrote:
    > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > block one from doing this?
    >
    > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    Turn Javascript off?
    Use a text only browser?
    Diagnostic tools?
    Captain Paralytic, Jan 10, 2012

  3. Anonymous wrote:
    > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > block one from doing this?
    >
    > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    Just to underscore the *real* fact that only way to "protect" content on
    the web is to *not* put it there in the first place, most "protection"
    is subverted by disabling JavaScript.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2012
  4. Anonymous

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Anonymous <> wrote:

    > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > block one from doing this?
    >
    > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    Just do this, it is a guaranteed solution. Post a URL here and
    wait. You won't need to wait long. There are more Sherlocks here
    (they like to call each other Bruce though) than you can poke a
    stick at.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 10, 2012
  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <>
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:19:33 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > >block one from doing this?
    > >
    > >I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    > Use a real browser.

    Firefox is not a real browser?

    > Or, give us an example of a protected page. Likely, it'd be by
    > disabling Javascript. or by viewing / saving the source.

    Example article: http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/supremes-epa-actions-
    outrageous/

    (Or any article on the newly changed wnd.com site.)

    Disabling Javascript does not do it.

    Saving the source involves saving tons of html crud that is
    intertwined in the article.
    Anonymous, Jan 10, 2012
  6. Anonymous

    P E Schoen Guest

    "Anonymous" wrote in message

    > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup
    > to block one from doing this?

    > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    From a thread in November 2011:

    http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/one_republic/secrets.html
    >> put the actual lyrics of a song in the source HTML document in
    >> escape characters. What’s the purpose of this?

    > In a vain attempt to prevent copying the lyrics...

    I found that saving it "As HTML" from IE9 converts the escape characters to
    plain text, and then you can just extract that (which includes the HTML tags
    for formatting).

    It is effective for keeping the usual customers from lifting the content
    easily.

    Paul
    P E Schoen, Jan 11, 2012
  7. Anonymous

    Andy Guest

    "Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > block one from doing this?
    >
    > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    If they're using a script to disable the right-click, just highlight the
    text you want to copy and press Ctrl-C to copy and then Ctrl-V to paste.

    Andy
    Andy, Jan 11, 2012
  8. Anonymous wrote:
    > In article<>
    > Evan Platt<> wrote:
    >>
    >> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:19:33 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    >>> block one from doing this?
    >>>
    >>> I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    >> Use a real browser.

    > Firefox is not a real browser?
    >
    >> Or, give us an example of a protected page. Likely, it'd be by
    >> disabling Javascript. or by viewing / saving the source.

    > Example article: http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/supremes-epa-actions-
    > outrageous/
    >
    > (Or any article on the newly changed wnd.com site.)
    >
    > Disabling Javascript does not do it.
    >
    > Saving the source involves saving tons of html crud that is
    > intertwined in the article.

    What's your problem?

    World Net Daily -- Bob Unruh -- 1-9-2012

    http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/supremes-epa-actions-outrageous/

    The government’s actions in a dispute between the Environmental
    Protection Agency and a husband and wife targeted by the agency when
    they bought a residential lot in Idaho and started building their dream
    home are both “outrageous” and “very strange.”

    There were comments today from justices on the U.S. Supreme Court about
    the Environmental Protection Agency’s actions in a fight with Mike and ...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 11, 2012
  9. Anonymous

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <>,
    Anonymous <> wrote:

    > Example article: http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/supremes-epa-actions-
    > outrageous/

    Would you be kind enough, in future, to put < and > around URLs such as
    this that are likely to spread over two or more lines.

    Thank you.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Jan 11, 2012
  10. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Anonymous wrote:
    >> Example article:

    <http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/supremes-epa-actions-outrageous/>

    >> (Or any article on the newly changed wnd.com site.)
    >>
    >> Disabling Javascript does not do it.
    >>
    >> Saving the source involves saving tons of html crud that is intertwined
    >> in the article.

    > What's your problem?

    None here either, in multiple browsers. Even with JavaScript enabled.
    Copy away!!

    I will say I copied and pasted in batches, to bypass the intermingled
    images, movies, and stuff.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 11, 2012
  11. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <8scPq.1016$2>
    "Andy" <> wrote:

    > "Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup to
    > > block one from doing this?
    > >
    > > I do not care to save entire pages each time.
    > >

    > If they're using a script to disable the right-click, just highlight the
    > text you want to copy and press Ctrl-C to copy and then Ctrl-V to paste.
    >

    > Andy

    The pages do not allow one to highlight text.

    Ctrl-C, etc., does not work.
    Anonymous, Jan 11, 2012
  12. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <6P6Pq.69412$>
    "P E Schoen" <> wrote:

    > "Anonymous" wrote in message
    >
    > > How does one select and copy text from Web pages that are setup
    > > to block one from doing this?

    > > I do not care to save entire pages each time.

    > From a thread in November 2011:
    >
    > > Nehmo wrote:
    > >> I discovered some lyrics sites

    > http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/one_republic/secrets.html
    > >> put the actual lyrics of a song in the source HTML document in
    > >> escape characters. What’s the purpose of this?

    > > In a vain attempt to prevent copying the lyrics...

    > I found that saving it "As HTML" from IE9 converts the escape characters to
    > plain text, and then you can just extract that (which includes the HTML tags
    > for formatting).
    >
    > It is effective for keeping the usual customers from lifting the content
    > easily.
    >
    > Paul

    Ha! It worked!

    I never used IE. It never occured to me to try it.

    IE saves the page with an MHT extension. When opened with IE the file
    is in unprotected plain text.

    Thanks!
    Anonymous, Jan 11, 2012
  13. Anonymous

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Tim Streater <> wrote:

    > Would you be kind enough, in future, to put < and > around URLs such as
    > this that are likely to spread over two or more lines.

    Fair enough but it is a fraught subject this. It does not always
    work even then. What would be really good would be for
    newsreaders to auto convert quietly and quickly the url to a tiny
    of some kind and to give this as an alternative.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 12, 2012
  14. Anonymous wrote:
    > The pages do not allow one to highlight text.
    >
    > Ctrl-C, etc., does not work.

    Not what I experienced, selection and copies with no problem...maybe
    some extension that you have installed?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 12, 2012
  15. Anonymous

    mannu4u4u

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Great trick for this

    Here is a new trick for this

    hackitparadise.in/2012/09/how-to-copy-juicy-information-from.html
    mannu4u4u, Sep 10, 2012
  16. Anonymous

    Triathlete

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Copying text from web pages

    Quick and easy answer to this which is above board, without going to any suspicious websites or using dodgy download tools.

    • Select the text you wish to copy
    • Right click on "Translate with Bing" which opens a new tab.
    • Click on this new tab and simply copy the text from the translation box (This will be English to English of course)
    Remember though, normal copyright rules still apply.

    Best of luck
    Triathlete, Jun 24, 2013