  1. Guest

    how to couper all the obejcts in a canvas in an auther canvas?

    , Mar 14, 2013

  2. Rick Johnson Guest

    On Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:16:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > how to couper all the obejcts in a canvas in an auther canvas?

    Hmm, well before i can even start solving your problem, i'll need to spend some time figuring out what the hell you're problem is. o_O. "Maybe" you meant to say this:

    > how to [copy] all the [canvas items] in [one] canvas [into another] canvas?

    "Ahhh, the sweet nectar of articulate communication!"

    Why would you want to do that exactly? Hopefully you have a good reason. There are quite a few "canvas items" to consider:

    * arc objects
    * bitmap objects
    * image objects
    * line objects
    * oval objects
    * polygon objects
    * rectangle objects
    * text objects
    * window objects

    There does not seem to be an easy way to do this via the Tkinter API (feel free to dig through the TCL/Tk docs if you like), however, if all you need to do is transfer a few simple primitives from one canvas to another, then the following (very general and admittedly quite naive) approach might get you there:

    for object in canvas1
    # create newobject in canvas2
    # configure newobject

    But there are quite a few (very important) details that that little sample leaves out, for instance: tags, stacking orders, tag bindings, etc.

    Rick Johnson, Mar 14, 2013

  3. alex23 Guest

    On Mar 15, 8:24 am, Rick Johnson <> wrote:
    > Hmm, well before i can even start solving your problem, i'll need to
    > spend some time figuring out what the hell you're problem is. o_O.
    > "Maybe" you meant to say this:
    >
    > > how to [copy] all the [canvas items] in [one] canvas [into another] canvas?

    >  "Ahhh, the sweet nectar of articulate communication!"

    Mocking people for whom English is obviously not their first language
    just makes you look petty and racist.

    alex23, Mar 15, 2013
  4. On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Mar 15, 8:24 am, Rick Johnson <> wrote:
    >> Hmm, well before i can even start solving your problem, i'll need to
    >> spend some time figuring out what the hell you're problem is. o_O.
    >> "Maybe" you meant to say this:
    >>
    >> > how to [copy] all the [canvas items] in [one] canvas [into another] canvas?

    >> "Ahhh, the sweet nectar of articulate communication!"

    > Mocking people for whom English is obviously not their first language
    > just makes you look petty and racist.

    Yes, but there is legitimate criticism for a post that clearly hasn't
    had much work put into it. I'm not 100% convinced that English isn't
    the OP's first language (it seems plausible, even likely, but far from
    certain), but I'm confident that the OP did not spend a few minutes
    polishing the post before hitting Send (or Expedier, or Versenden, or
    whatever the button says). Now, that doesn't mean it's polite or
    useful to *mock* the person for it, but it is at least a legit
    complaint.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Mar 15, 2013

    i maybe don't talk english very well but at least i am not a Rude,and you are not obligated to answering me much less Mocking me ,i assure you that i will not post anything anymore jackass
    thank you alex23

    , Mar 15, 2013
  6. , 15.03.2013 13:00:
    > i maybe don't talk english very well but at least i am not a Rude,and you are not obligated to answering me much less Mocking me ,i assure you that i will not post anything anymore jackass
    > thank you alex23

    As Chris pointed out, the real problem was that you were not clear at all
    in your post about what your problem was. If you had taken a bit more time
    explaining it, maybe even showing a bit of code that makes it clear what
    you tried and what did not work about it, you would have made it much
    clearer that you are a person worth responding to.

    Basically, the question is, if you do not care enough yourself to pose an
    understandable question (and I mean the actual content, regardless of any
    language comprehension deficiencies etc.), why do you think we should care
    enough about it to try to understand it and even answer it?

    This might help you in asking better questions next time:

    Note that there is also a list of translations, a couple of which might be
    easier to read for you:

    http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#translations

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Mar 15, 2013
  7. Dave Angel Guest

    On 03/15/2013 08:00 AM, wrote:
    > i maybe don't talk english very well but at least i am not a Rude,and you are not obligated to answering me much less Mocking me ,i assure you that i will not post anything anymore jackass
    > thank you alex23

    Note also that you were insulted by a noted troll generator here (notice
    his pseudo-name, Ranting Rick), one that many of us have kill-filed to
    avoid reading his posts. Most newcomers to mailing lists will omit some
    details in their queries, and we try to help fill in the details.

    Sometimes what might help if you think you might be misunderstood is to
    pose the query in more than one way, or give some example code, or
    something so we can fill in the missing or misunderstood pieces.

    Start by specifying the environment you're using (python version,
    operating system, any 3rd party libraries). Then include enough code
    that we know exactly what you mean by canvas.

    --
    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Mar 15, 2013
  8. rusi Guest

    I dont usually bother about spelling/grammar etc. And I think it silly
    to do so on a python list.

    However with this question:

    On Mar 14, 5:16 pm, wrote:
    > how to couper all the obejcts in a canvas in an auther canvas?

    "obejcts" is clearly "objects"
    and "auther" is probably "other"

    But what the *^*& is couper?
    I first thought it was "couple"
    It could be "copy" as Rick understood
    By some stretch it could even be "cope"

    So yes grammar/spellings etc dont matter... as long as we are within
    the bounds of comprehension!

    rusi, Mar 15, 2013
  9. On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant
    <> wrote:
> [...]

    Ah. Not having any real comprehension of French, I was thinking along
    the lines of "copy", which thus wouldn't be very far wrong. However,
    it still stands that the message would have been a lot more
    comprehensible with a bit more detail.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Mar 15, 2013
  10. Rick Johnson Guest

    On Friday, March 15, 2013 7:00:15 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > i maybe don't talk english very well but at least i am not
    > a Rude,and you are not obligated to answering me much
    > less Mocking me ,i assure you that i will not post
    > anything anymore jackass
    >
    > thank you alex23

    Well *WELL*. What happened? Your English is so articulate now. Hmm, maybe you can only write clearly when you are angry, OR, maybe you ordered "Rosetta Stone" (you know, the cheesy language learning product from those late night TV infomercials, the one where users (oops i meant actors) of the product offer intelligent testimonials like this:

    Man: "...it was purdy guud!"
    Woman: "If you can click a mouse, then, your pretty set!"

    *FACEPALM*: Evolution has forsaken us all!

    However, i will place all my money on the fact that you are nothing more than an "agent provocateur" ...(psst: you should understand that word becauseit is French!)... hell bent on an insidious mission of reverse trolling; which is evident by your inability to distinguish "emotional troll posts" from "logical and informative replies" (whether acerbic or not). I'll allow the intelligent folks among us to come to their own conclusions as to your *real* intentions.

    However, if you are in-fact "real" (and i use that term quite loosely), then you sir are a fine example of what is wrong with people today. In any event, i wish you good luck with your "learning adventures".

    PS: If you don't like my replies then you need to exercise your freedom by ignoring them. You have a right to be offended, and i have a right not to give a DAMN!

    Cheers

    Rick Johnson, Mar 15, 2013
  11. Rick Johnson Guest

    On Friday, March 15, 2013 9:09:41 AM UTC-5, rusi wrote:

    > I dont usually bother about spelling/grammar etc. And I
    > think it silly to do so on a python list. However with
    > this question:
    >
    > On Mar 14, 5:16 pm, wrote:
    > > how to couper all the obejcts in a canvas in an auther
    > > canvas?

    > "obejcts" is clearly "objects"
    > and "auther" is probably "other"
    >
    > But what the *^*& is couper?
    > I first thought it was "couple"

    Indeed. He could have meant to say:

    Quote = """\
    How to couple all object in one canvas with corresponding
    objects in another canvas so that edits in one canvas are
    reflected in the objects of another canvas.
    """

    It would be a strange request, but i have witnessed much stranger.

    But even *IF* we could interpret such cryptic words as "coupler" and "auther", we would still have no idea what the word "canvas" is referring to. I mean, we could postulate that it is probably a 2D or 3D graphics window, buteven then, which GUI library (or gfx library) is he referring to? Maybe he's asking questions about WebGL? WHO KNOWS?

    A real person would think: "oops, i was far too ambiguous with my first question, better re-phrase my question now!".

    An agent provocateur would think: "Got him! Now pretend to be a "helpless little student" who's just been brow beaten by an "overbearing intellectual heavy weight" and cry loudly in the corner so everyone will feel sorry for me.

    *wah*

    *wah-wah*

    [peeks over shoulder with quivering lips to see if people are watching]

    passive voice: "ITS WORKING!!!"

    [quickly turns back to corner and ratchets up the emotion]

    *sobbing*

    *choking*

    *sniffling*

    What a PATHETIC display!