    using JNDI?

    Would you please post sample codes here? Or any links for
    reference? Thanks for your help in advance!

    Akaketwa, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Akaketwa

    impaler Guest

    Akaketwa wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I know how to add an entry in LDAP server, but I'd like to know
    > how
    > to create a group in LDAP server and add members to a particular group
    > using JNDI?
    >
    > Would you please post sample codes here? Or any links for
    > reference? Thanks for your help in advance!

    Have you tried creating a group with objectClass let's say "group" and
    use it as an OU for the child entries?

    Let's say you make an OU "MyGroup" of class "group" and then use it as
    OU when adding users.

    Build the distinguished name like this:
    cn=user1, ou=MyGroup, c=country, dc=domain, dc=com
    where MyGroup is of objectClass "group" and is previously added to the
    AD with distinguished name: cn=MyGroup, c=contry etc

    Take a look at http://ldaptemplate.sourceforge.net/quickstart.pdf and
    see what ldaptemplate can do for you to ease your work.

    impaler, Sep 22, 2006