How to create a web form like MS access form using asp.net??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UWFqdXNzaQ==?=, Dec 27, 2004.

  1. Hi!
    I am trying to create data entry forms like MS access forms using asp.net.
    I am talking about a form like MS access forms which let you enter a new
    record, edit, navigate to previous and next record and display one record at
    a time.
    I am accessing the database. Right now it is MS access but will move it to
    the SQL sever.
    I am not too sure how to design the web form to accomplish this task.
    I can do insert, update(edit) and display the records in datagrid style.
    The records are displayed in the table format(datagrid).

    How can I change it so that it can display one record at a time in
    customized format like the form in MS access instead of datagrid, all table
    format??

    Hopefully I managed to explain what I want is the form with customized style
    format unlike the datagrid(table format)??

    Do I use the repeater control to accomplish this??

    Can you show me very simple code or tutorial site which does this??
    I have seen a lot of examples of datagrid data entry forms but that is not
    what I want.
    Say I am trying to create data entry form for the Contact Infomation.

    TblContact
    ContactID
    LastName
    FirstName
    PhoneNum

    and i want a form to enter those info and be able to enter a new record,
    edit and navigate to the different records.

    **********************************
    *****Contact Information***************
    **********************************
    ** Contact ID: **** 12 *****