How to create an !ENTITY using DOM-methods?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Karl_=D8ie?=

Don't think you can do that with DOM, entities are part of the document
type and not part of the Document Object Model. You might be able to do
this in SAX thu...

Karl Øie

marcus.bitterlich

Thanks. I thought, since DOM creates the <xml...>- and
<!DOCTYPE...>-tags as well, it could do so for the ENTITYS which are
placed on the same "level".

??

If not, how to do this with SAX?

thanks in advance.
Marcus

Oliver Wong

Thanks. I thought, since DOM creates the <xml...>- and
<!DOCTYPE...>-tags as well, it could do so for the ENTITYS which are
placed on the same "level".

??

If not, how to do this with SAX?

Generating XML documents with SAX is just a difficult way of generating
XML documents manually in code, IMHO. Take being said, when I Google
"generate xml sax", the first result is an tutorial on generate XML
documents using SAX. It's written in Python, bug the algorithm itself isn't
difficult to grasp.

Frankly it's just recursive method calls, like a reverse Visitor
pattern.

- Oliver