How to create DataSet schema with Parent table containing child table

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by donet programmer, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. I have a requirement where I need to create a dataset that consists of
    a table inside a table ( a child table inside a parent table). I am not
    really familiar with the data relations and not sure how to represent
    this relation.

    I did create a schema and it looks good on paper, but when I create a
    dataset from this schema it does not allow me to write to the child
    table. I am elaborate more if required.

    This is what my schema looks like:

    Table 1:
    Row1 int
    Row2 string
    Row3 (Table 2) ComplexType

    Table 2:
    Row1 int
    Row2 int

    As can be seen, Table 2 is part of the Table 1.

    Please help me out how to create this kind of relation and then
    populate data through code.
    Thanks

    donet programmer, Dec 4, 2006

  2. Can somebody throw some light on this ....

    donet programmer, Dec 5, 2006