How to create hover ads in context of dynamic site?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cmarinotti, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. cmarinotti

    cmarinotti Guest

    I am trying to do exactly what this page does...

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040723/his-08.html

    Note that the words "GForce", "NVidia" and "Benchmarks" are double
    underlined.

    I have a dynamic site with news, content, forums, etc...

    I want to have specific keywords that people can purchase advertising
    on (exactly as above).

    Here are my questions...

    1. Does anyone know where I can get the source for this feature or see
    a description of how to built such a feature?

    2. Does anyone know of a way to make the advertisement an image?

    3. Does anyone know of a way to make it so that the following stats
    would work?
    a) How many times the word was servered up over a period of time.
    b) How many times did someone "hover" and view the advertisement
    behind the word.
    c) How many times did someone click the advertisement.

    If you have any other suggestions or recommendations, it would be
    appreciated.

    Regards,

    Chuck
    cmarinotti, Jul 23, 2004

  2. cmarinotti

    rf Guest

    rf, Jul 24, 2004

  3. cmarinotti

    Will Spencer Guest

    Will Spencer, Jul 24, 2004
  4. cmarinotti

    cmarinotti Guest

    Thanks for the responses, but maybe I should clarify...

    I don't want to use a 3rd party hosted service... I want system
    in-house... I have to align it and collect click-thru and update
    profiles for our 150,000+ active members...

    So, anyone know where I can get the code or a product I can purchase
    for in-house hosting?

    Regards,

    Chuck

    cmarinotti, Jul 26, 2004