  1. Guest

    how to diplace a circle in canvas tkinter python from position to an autherposition by a mouse click 'press' 'relase' or by delete the déplicated objects in canvas??

    , Mar 9, 2013

  2. Rick Johnson Guest

    On Saturday, March 9, 2013 1:47:43 PM UTC-6, wrote:
    > how to [translate] a circle in canvas tkinter python from
    > [one] position to an [another] position

    Well "translation" is by definition: "changing an objects position"

    > by a mouse click 'press' ['release'] or by delete the [duplicated] objects
    > in canvas??

    Here's an idea: how about you learn how to translate a Tkinter canvas object via code BEFORE you try to do it via user input? This is called "code evolution along an intelligent linear path", not some "random shots in the dark".

    How do you do this you ask, well i'll give you a hint, follow this yellow brick road for enlightenment.

    STEP 1

    Take a look at the following methods available to the Tkinter canvas widget here:

    http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/canvas-methods.html

    Can you find a method that will "translate" or "displace" or (insert another synonym here), a canvas object by passing two (x,y) Cartesian coordinates? Once you can accomplish step 1, we can move on to step 2.

    STEP 2

    Solving "Step 1" is compulsory!

    Rick Johnson, Mar 9, 2013