How to display a Wait page while a query is running?

Simon

If I am running a long time query, how to show a wait page at then? Is there
any recommended way to do it? Thanks.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Simon,

Sure, for long-run task and waiting page, there are many existing articles
describe how to build a asynchornous processing model and waiting page:

#Building a Better Wait Page
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/wait_page.aspx

#Implementing Waiting Pages in ASP.NET
http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/asp.net/implementing-waiting-pages-in-asp.
net/

here are some other reference about long-run pattern in ASP.NET web
application:

#Executing Long-Running Tasks with the Progress Bar in ASP.NET
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Executing-LongRunning-Tasks-with-the-Progr
ess-Bar-in-ASPNET/

#ASP.NET: Long Running Tasks with Page Feedback

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

You're welcome Simon,

If there is anything else we can help, welcome to post here.

From: "Simon" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: How to display a Wait page while a query is running?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:48:08 +0800