How to display nested structures?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Olav Tollefsen, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. I have a somewhat complex data structure to display on a web page:

    Item A
    - Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
    - Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
    - ...
    Item B
    - Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
    - Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
    - ...
    Item ...
    - Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
    - Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
    - ...

    I have all the main items stored in a SortedList which again contains a
    SortedList with sub items, which again contains a SortedList with the end
    nodes (a, b, c, ...).

    What is the best way to display this on a web page? Are there any samples
    doing something similar?
    --
    Olav Tollefsen

    Olav Tollefsen, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Hi Olav,

    It looks like you could use a TreeView control to display such data. Take a
    look at control repositories like the one at www.asp.net (Control Gallery)
    to download one.

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea