    height:100px shows an obvious pattern. I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
    etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?

    thanks!

    shank, May 9, 2004

  2. shank wrote:

    > I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
    > header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
    > good, especially if the browser gets resized. A repeating image width:10px x
    > height:100px shows an obvious pattern.

    So use a repeating image with width 500px and height 100px.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, May 9, 2004

  3. "shank" <> wrote:

    > I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
    > etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?

    I use Photoshop to do stuff like that.

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, May 9, 2004
  4. shank

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <DIqnc.539221$>,
    says...
    > I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
    > header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
    > good, especially if the browser gets resized.

    As a background it makes no difference, the browser will size correctly
    with the image in the background. If it is an IMG, then you are right.

    How is it done? You can use CSS to put the background there. Search
    google for "CSS background" or try background-image:url(bla bla bla)
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, May 9, 2004
  5. shank

    oo- Guest

    "shank" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
    > header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
    > good, especially if the browser gets resized. A repeating image width:10px

    > height:100px shows an obvious pattern. I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
    > etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?
    >
    > thanks!

    how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have it fade
    into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

    oo-, May 9, 2004
  6. shank

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c7liju$2oo$>, says...
    > how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have it fade
    > into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

    Image fade to color. Good plan and pretty easy with any graphics editor
    to boot.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, May 9, 2004
  7. While the city slept, oo- <> feverishly typed:

    > "shank" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene.
    >> The header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image
    >> would not be good, especially if the browser gets resized. A
    >> repeating image width:10px x height:100px shows an obvious pattern.
    >> I'd like a cloud scene with my logo etc. on top of it. How is
    >> something like this done?
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >>

    > how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have
    > it fade into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

    I dunno... How would you internationalise it? Have you even seen the sky
    colour here? More of a shitty grey at the moment! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.