how to do a cloud scene

shank

I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
good, especially if the browser gets resized. A repeating image width:10px x
height:100px shows an obvious pattern. I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?

thanks!

Toby A Inkster

shank said:
I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
good, especially if the browser gets resized. A repeating image width:10px x
height:100px shows an obvious pattern.

So use a repeating image with width 500px and height 100px.

The Doormouse

shank said:
I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?

I use Photoshop to do stuff like that.

The Doormouse

Whitecrest

I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
good, especially if the browser gets resized.

As a background it makes no difference, the browser will size correctly
with the image in the background. If it is an IMG, then you are right.

How is it done? You can use CSS to put the background there. Search
google for "CSS background" or try background-image:url(bla bla bla)

oo-

shank said:
I'd like to have my header cell show a decent sky blue cloud scene. The
header is width:100% and height:100px. Placing a huge image would not be
good, especially if the browser gets resized. A repeating image width:10px x
height:100px shows an obvious pattern. I'd like a cloud scene with my logo
etc. on top of it. How is something like this done?

thanks!

how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have it fade
into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

Whitecrest

how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have it fade
into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

Image fade to color. Good plan and pretty easy with any graphics editor
to boot.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
how about you make an image say height 100px - width 200px and have
it fade into a solid sky blue color from left to right?

I dunno... How would you internationalise it? Have you even seen the sky
colour here? More of a shitty grey at the moment! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!