How to exclude some .CPP files from being linked in Visual Studio?

smart

Hello everyone:

I'm working with Visual Studio 2008, and I have multiple CPP files in
the project. I'd like to compile these files, but not to link them,
because they are all MATLAB interface functions with the same function
names. Linking these functions cause the linker to complain, which is
not a big problem. However, I still want to fix it. Is there any way
to tell the linker to avoid certain object files?

Thanks.

red floyd

Hello everyone:

I'm working with Visual Studio 2008, and I have multiple CPP files in
the project. I'd like to compile these files, but not to link them,
because they are all MATLAB interface functions with the same function
names.  Linking these functions cause the linker to complain, which is
not a big problem. However, I still want to fix it. Is there any way
to tell the linker to avoid certain object files?

Wrong group. Questions about a specific toolset are better addressed
in
a forum dedicated to your platform. Please try a newsgroup with
"visual
studio" in it's name.

See FAQ 5.9 http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9