How to extract the file name associated whith a skin

WT

Hello,

I am using themes and have seral themes for my site, user can choose it from
a list then it is applyed to all pages by program.
Problem is that some compoinent we use does not support themes and we must
provide it with a file name.
Is it possible , knowing the skinid to extract the file name associated in
the current theme ?

Thanks in advance forhelp.

CS

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi CS,

I'm not sure if I've fully understood your question, would you please give
some specific example code to show your objective and the issue you're
facing? Thanks.

For a given theme name, you can assume all its files are in
~/App_Themes/<ThemeName>/.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

WT

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your attention.
Problem I am facing is that my program knows only the current Theme and the
skinID used in a declaration like

<rad:panelBarItem SkinID="MyPanelSkin_1" ImageUrl="Img/MyImage_1.gif" />
<rad:panelBarItem SkinID="MyPanelSkin_2" ImageUrl="Img/MyImage_2.gif" />

I am searching some API that would avoid me the task to open the skin file
and parse everything to extract the ImageUrl associated to the
MyPanelSkin_x.

CS

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi CS,

Thanks for your update.

I don't know such API or method exists to get the skin file information so
far, but I will consult in our internal discussion list to see if anyone
knows it (if it does exist).

I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi CS,

Thanks for your waiting.

I've consulted your question, unfortunately there's no API available to do
that. The .skin file has the same syntax as the ASPX file, they should be
valid xml document. Therefore I think we can use XmlDocument to load and
parse them.

Please let me know if you need help on this. Thanks.