How to Fill DDLB with 3000+ data .??

MonikaJethi2

Hi,
I need to Fill DDLB(Drop DOwn List Box) with almost 3000+ data
(options).
Not sure how do I do that.
I thinl a drop-down Cannot work with this large number of employees.
Mine is a simple .asp page , I know it's possible in Dot Net but I
need to use simple ASP code .

Please Please help me ....

thanks a lot

..

PJ on Development

Hi, Monika

Performance issues aside, the problem with filling a drop down list
box with such large number of options is taht the user will not be
able to navigate properly through this much of data. I'd consider a
filter of some sort to allow the user to narrow down the search items.

However, it's possible to do it in pure ASP, yes.

---- BEGIN ASP SCRIPTLET ----

<% Dim K %>
<select id='ddlSample'>
<% For K = 1 to 3000 %>
<option value='<%= K %>'>Option <%= K %></option>
<% Next %>
</select>

---- END ASP SCRIPTLET ----

Regards,