How to Fill DDLB with 3000+ data .??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by MonikaJethi2@gmail.com, Jan 22, 2008.

    I need to Fill DDLB(Drop DOwn List Box) with almost 3000+ data
    (options).
    Not sure how do I do that.
    I thinl a drop-down Cannot work with this large number of employees.
    Mine is a simple .asp page , I know it's possible in Dot Net but I
    need to use simple ASP code .

    Please Please help me ....

    thanks a lot

    ..
    , Jan 22, 2008

  2. Hi, Monika

    Performance issues aside, the problem with filling a drop down list
    box with such large number of options is taht the user will not be
    able to navigate properly through this much of data. I'd consider a
    filter of some sort to allow the user to narrow down the search items.

    However, it's possible to do it in pure ASP, yes.

    ---- BEGIN ASP SCRIPTLET ----

    <% Dim K %>
    <select id='ddlSample'>
    <% For K = 1 to 3000 %>
    <option value='<%= K %>'>Option <%= K %></option>
    <% Next %>
    </select>

    ---- END ASP SCRIPTLET ----

    Regards,