How to fill out textarea in html form

Terry Todd

Hi,

So sorry for this naive question ... I'm new to ruby as of several days
ago.

I'm porting some CGI code from perl and I'm trying to use the Ruby CGI
objects to do everything. In one of my forms I've got a cgi.textarea
that I would like to populate with text taken from an mSQL database. To
do this I was using a DBI.prepare and then fetching each row. I think
this might work fine if I was formatting the html directly since I could
puts it to the standard output. But I can't figure out how to have the
text appear inside the textarea defined by cgi.textarea.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry