How to fill out textarea in html form

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Terry Todd, Sep 20, 2008.

  1. Terry Todd

    Terry Todd Guest

    Hi,

    So sorry for this naive question ... I'm new to ruby as of several days
    ago.

    I'm porting some CGI code from perl and I'm trying to use the Ruby CGI
    objects to do everything. In one of my forms I've got a cgi.textarea
    that I would like to populate with text taken from an mSQL database. To
    do this I was using a DBI.prepare and then fetching each row. I think
    this might work fine if I was formatting the html directly since I could
    puts it to the standard output. But I can't figure out how to have the
    text appear inside the textarea defined by cgi.textarea.

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Terry

    Terry Todd, Sep 20, 2008