    Ciao
    -----
    FB
    Francesco Bochicchio, Jun 23, 2009

  2. On 23 Giu, 12:59, Francesco Bochicchio <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there any site that reports the current porting (to Python 3.x)
    > status of the main non-standard extension modules (such as pygtk,
    > pywin32, wxpython, ...) ?
    > I think such information would be very useful for people - like me -
    > which are tryiing to decide how/when/if to port existing scripts/
    > applications to the new python, or also  which python to use to start
    > a new program.
    >
    > I searched and googled for this information  but without finding
    > anything. It looks to me that also the single extension module sites
    > are quite shy at announcing plans for the porting (I understand that
    > in part this is for the "is ready when is ready" philosophy of many
    > non-large open software projects).
    >
    > Ciao
    > -----
    > FB

    Well, I kept searching and found this at least :

    http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread165340.html

    It lists Qt , BeautfulSoup (with problems) and pywin32 (which I use a
    lot :)
    Another (less famous) module that I use, ply, also supports python3.x

    Maybe in the near future I can start porting some of my scripts ...

    Still believe that a central point to keep track of most of extension
    porting effort would be very useful ...

    Ciao
    ----
    FB
    Francesco Bochicchio, Jun 23, 2009

  3. Francesco Bochicchio

    Jeff McNeil Guest

    On Jun 23, 6:59 am, Francesco Bochicchio <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there any site that reports the current porting (to Python 3.x)
    > status of the main non-standard extension modules (such as pygtk,
    > pywin32, wxpython, ...) ?
    > I think such information would be very useful for people - like me -
    > which are tryiing to decide how/when/if to port existing scripts/
    > applications to the new python, or also  which python to use to start
    > a new program.
    >
    > I searched and googled for this information  but without finding
    > anything. It looks to me that also the single extension module sites
    > are quite shy at announcing plans for the porting (I understand that
    > in part this is for the "is ready when is ready" philosophy of many
    > non-large open software projects).
    >
    > Ciao
    > -----
    > FB

    You can pull a list of what works with 3.0 via PyPi, there's a link
    which points you to http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=533&show=all.
    If the package isn't listed on PyPi, I believe you'll have to check
    out the vendor/distribution site.

    I posted something like this on my blog a few months back. Finding
    what's available isn't too terribly difficult. I thought it would be
    nice to have a port status page that lets the community know where
    certain package stand so volunteers can step in and help. I guess it
    would be rather difficult to keep such a page updated, though.
    Jeff McNeil, Jun 23, 2009
  4. On 23 Giu, 17:12, Jeff McNeil <> wrote:
    > On Jun 23, 6:59 am, Francesco Bochicchio <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi all,

    > > is there any site that reports the current porting (to Python 3.x)
    > > status of the main non-standard extension modules (such as pygtk,
    > > pywin32, wxpython, ...) ?

    > You can pull a list of what works with 3.0 via PyPi, there's a link
    > which points you tohttp://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=533&show=all.
    > If the package isn't listed on PyPi, I believe you'll have to check
    > out the vendor/distribution site.
    >
    > I posted something like this on my blog a few months back.  Finding
    > what's available isn't too terribly difficult. I thought it would be
    > nice to have a port status page that lets the community know where
    > certain package stand so volunteers can step in and help. I guess it
    > would be rather difficult to keep such a page updated, though
    >
    > - Mostra testo citato -

    Thanks.

    I thought of pypy, and even tried to search for Python 3 using its
    search button, but somehow missed the
    handy "python 3" link on the sidebar :-0

    I agree that keeping a complete list would be very difficult, although
    useful ...

    Ciao
    ----
    FB
    Francesco Bochicchio, Jun 23, 2009
  5. Francesco Bochicchio

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Francesco Bochicchio <> wrote:

    >is there any site that reports the current porting (to Python 3.x)
    >status of the main non-standard extension modules (such as pygtk,
    >pywin32, wxpython, ...) ?

    Feel free to create a wiki page on python.org...
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    Aahz, Jun 24, 2009