how to ftp to remote server and download files and then log out using PERL?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by sir.linying@gmail.com, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Is there a way to write PERL code so that it can automate the procedure
    of logging into my account on remote server using ftp, get the file,
    and then log out the account?

    Thanks a lot for any possible help!

    Andy
    , Aug 7, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > Is there a way to write PERL code so that it can automate the
    > procedure of logging into my account on remote server using ftp, get
    > the file, and then log out the account?


    And you didn't find anything suitable among the Net::FTP modules?

    jue
    J¨¹rgen Exner, Aug 7, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. goomania Guest

    I forgot to point out that the server I tried to ftp to only accept
    secure connection, therefore I need to use sftp program. However,
    Net::FTP modules don't appear to provide such capability for secure
    connection.

    Are there any other perl modules that work with sftp?

    Thanks a lot for help!

    Andy
    goomania, Aug 7, 2005
    #3
  4. Brian Wakem Guest

    goomania wrote:

    > I forgot to point out that the server I tried to ftp to only accept
    > secure connection, therefore I need to use sftp program. However,
    > Net::FTP modules don't appear to provide such capability for secure
    > connection.
    >
    > Are there any other perl modules that work with sftp?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for help!
    >
    > Andy




    er, Net::SFTP perhaps?


    --
    Brian Wakem
    Email: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.wakem/myemail.png
    Brian Wakem, Aug 7, 2005
    #4
  5. goomania Guest

    I guessed so too. But I found that Net::SFTP doesn't exist, at least
    for the standard release for perl v5.8.6 installed on my system.

    Andy
    goomania, Aug 7, 2005
    #5
  6. goomania wrote:
    > I guessed so too.


    What did you guess, too? Please quote an appropriate amount of text -as has
    been customary for the last 25 years- such that people have a chance to know
    what you are talking about.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Aug 7, 2005
    #6
  7. goomania Guest

    Sorry for being not clear. What I tried to say is that I guessed
    (inspired by Brian Wakem's post) that there probably exists some module
    called Net::SFTP which performs just like NET::FTP. Therefore, I looked
    up the documentations that come with the version of PERL I am using;
    however, Net::SFTP doesn't exists. Any clues about where to get
    Net::SFTP, if it exists?

    Thanks a lot for help!

    Andy
    goomania, Aug 7, 2005
    #7
  8. Brian Wakem Guest

    goomania wrote:

    > Sorry for being not clear. What I tried to say is that I guessed
    > (inspired by Brian Wakem's post) that there probably exists some module
    > called Net::SFTP which performs just like NET::FTP. Therefore, I looked
    > up the documentations that come with the version of PERL I am using;
    > however, Net::SFTP doesn't exists. Any clues about where to get
    > Net::SFTP, if it exists?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for help!
    >
    > Andy



    You can get it from http://search.cpan.org/~dbrobins/Net-SFTP-0.09/

    But you should probably install in using perl -MCPAN -e 'shell' or ppm,
    depending on your OS.

    Please read about how to construct a usenet article, quoting in particular.


    --
    Brian Wakem
    Email: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.wakem/myemail.png
    Brian Wakem, Aug 7, 2005
    #8
  9. goomania Guest

    Brian Wakem 写é“:

    > You can get it from http://search.cpan.org/~dbrobins/Net-SFTP-0.09/
    >
    > But you should probably install in using perl -MCPAN -e 'shell' or ppm,
    > depending on your OS.



    I got it. Thank you very much!

    Andy
    goomania, Aug 7, 2005
    #9
  10. goomania wrote:
    > Sorry for being not clear. What I tried to say is that I guessed
    > (inspired by Brian Wakem's post) that there probably exists some
    > module called Net::SFTP which performs just like NET::FTP. Therefore,
    > I looked up the documentations that come with the version of PERL I
    > am using; however, Net::SFTP doesn't exists.


    Really?

    > Any clues about where to
    > get Net::SFTP, if it exists?


    Apparently you didn't check CPAN.
    A simple search for module Net::SFTP returns some 1000+ hits and the very
    first one is

    Net::SFTP
    Secure File Transfer Protocol client

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Aug 8, 2005
    #10
  11. Joe Smith Guest

    Re: how to ftp to remote server and download files and then log outusing PERL?

    goomania wrote:
    > I guessed so too. But I found that Net::SFTP doesn't exist, at least
    > for the standard release for perl v5.8.6 installed on my system.


    So? What's preventing you from downloading it from the Comprehensive
    Perl Archive Network? (You do know about CPAN, don't you?)

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Net SFTP

    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Aug 10, 2005
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. vj
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    671
  2. pilgrim773
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,824
    Giampaolo Rodolà
    May 19, 2010
  3. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    261
  4. Jeff Miller
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    469
    Jeff Miller
    Mar 26, 2009
  5. D. Buck
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    463
    D. Buck
    Jun 29, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page