How to get HTML content from system clipboard?

ZhangJunjing

by doing the following, we can only get the plain text form without
html
tags, how to get HTML content from system clipboard with html tags?

Clipboard clipboard = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getSystemClipboard();

Transferable contents = clipboard.getContents(null);
boolean hasTransferableText = (contents != null)
&&
contents.isDataFlavorSupported(DataFlavor.stringFlavor);

There's no DataFlavor.HTML in DataFlavor class
static DataFlavor imageFlavor
static DataFlavor javaFileListFlavor
static DataFlavor plainTextFlavor
static DataFlavor stringFlavor
static String javaJVMLocalObjectMimeType
static String javaRemoteObjectMimeType
static String javaSerializedObjectMimeType

Philipp Leitner

I am a little puzzled - what do you actually copy into the system
clipboard before?

If you just open a Web Browser and copy text there - well, it /is/ just
plain text then.

If you open the sourcecode view in your browser, and copy it there -
then plaintext is the same as HTML content, isn't it??

/philipp

Philipp Leitner

OK, I did not know that. Anyway, I guess it will almost never be HTML
content.

/philipp

Larry Barowski

Philipp Leitner said:
I am a little puzzled - what do you actually copy into the system clipboard
before?

If you just open a Web Browser and copy text there - well, it /is/ just
plain text then.

It depends on the browser. Generally it will be plain text
and RTF. If you want the formatting, use the RTF. Look
for DataFlavors with MIME type "text/enriched",
"text/richtext", and "text/rtf".