How to get message/rfc822 attachment name by using JavaMail?

shilpa

Hi,

I am fetching incoming mail which has message/rfc822 attachment. i.e:
".msg" (mime message) is attached to this incoming mail. When I try to
get name of this message/rfc822 attachment, I am getting null. Body
part for this message attachment doesn't contain attachment name?

Is this known issue? Is there any solution for this?

How to get attached message name?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shilpa

sidhu

Hi shilpa,
The same problem i was facing in getting body and
attachemnt of message in samrtphones.I resolved this by replacing
PR_BODY eith PR_CE_MIME_TEXT.nad i get all things including
attachment.If u want i can help u regarding MAPI in smartphones..

can catch me at (e-mail address removed)

shilpa

Hi Sidhu,

Thanks for reply...
Currently I am looking to resolve this issue using JavaMail API's...

I do need same in MAPI, that time I will ping you.....

If you have any idea about using JavaMail to resolve this issue...do
let me know.

Cheers
Shilpa :)

sidhu

i have worked on it and will help u definitely...but i need some time
...can tell u by friday..till you have to wait...i m sorry for that..

if possible will try to do that as early as posiible..

regards
kapil
(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Urgent Help needed: How to get message/rfc822 attachment name by using JavaMail?

I am fetching incoming mail which has message/rfc822 attachment. i.e:
".msg" (mime message) is attached to this incoming mail. When I try to
get name of this message/rfc822 attachment, I am getting null. Body
part for this message attachment doesn't contain attachment name?
..

please reply back on krunalbarot(AT)gmail.com

Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am facing the same issue . i. e. while fetching attachment(.msg) from mail(.msg) which has message/rfc822 mimi type. i.e:
When I try to get the name of the attached mail message/rfc822 , I am getting null.
Is there any solution for this?

How to get attached message name?
Is it possible to get From, TO address of the attached mail?
Is it possible to get the attachment in the attached mail?

Thanks,
Akila