    I would like to know how can I get the page name before the current page?

    Thanks
    Anthony

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Maintain the state of you application in a separate object, a reference to
    which is stored in the Session. Every time you leave a page, store its
    identifier in the state object. Retrieve the identifier in the page load of
    the page the user has navigated to.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter Bradley, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Try

    request.servervariables("http_referer")

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    VISIT MY WEBSITE:
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Dec 8, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Dec 8, 2006
  5. absolutely......lol

    ......but it is the only way if you want to track a client who is not coming
    from a page in your application already, where you can track using cookies,
    sessions or any othre state holder

    John Timney \(MVP\), Dec 8, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    > .....but it is the only way if you want to track a client who is not
    > coming from a page in your application already, where you can track using
    > cookies, sessions or any othre state holder

    .... but to do so would give such wildly inaccurate statistics that it's
    almost not worth bothering with:
    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/what-is-wrong-with-request-servervariables-http-referer.html

    Almost as pointless as tracking IP addresses...

    Mark Rae, Dec 8, 2006
  7. I do agree, and you were certainly right to point it out.

    I think the best you can use it for is an indicator - taken with a pinch of
    salt.

    John Timney \(MVP\), Dec 8, 2006