    i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
    visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
    thanx in advance.
    bush, Apr 2, 2007

  2. bush wrote:
    > hi everyone!
    > i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
    > visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
    > thanx in advance.

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Having said that, I suspect the answer you receive there will be the same as
    the one you would get here:
    ask the visitor to tell you, especially if it's important for you to know
    what country they are browsing from. There is a reason that many
    international companies such as UPS and FedEx ask their visitors to select
    their country on the opening screen of their websites.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 2, 2007

  3. bush

    Guest

    On Apr 2, 6:23 am, "bush" <> wrote:
    > hi everyone!
    > i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
    > visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
    > thanx in advance.

    You can also show an image on your website to show <a
    href="www.findmyipaddress.info">visitor IP address and country flag</
    a>. Just go to the website <a
    href="www.findmyipaddres.info">findmyipaddress.info</a>. copy the code
    and paste it in your website. save you the time to write the code. ;)
    , Apr 19, 2007
  4. bush

    bush Guest

    On Apr 19, 5:14 am, wrote:
    > On Apr 2, 6:23 am, "bush" <> wrote:
    >
    > > hi everyone!
    > > i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
    > > visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
    > > thanx in advance.

    > You can also show an image on your website to show <a
    > href="www.findmyipaddress.info">visitor IP address and country flag</
    > a>. Just go to the website <a
    > href="www.findmyipaddres.info">findmyipaddress.info</a>. copy the code
    > and paste it in your website. save you the time to write the code. ;)

    the code u send me just redirected to the findipaddress site,and
    display the info about country,ip etc.its not my requirement.i have to
    get this information for some further manipulations,so tell me how i
    can get these values?
    bush, Apr 20, 2007