How to get the Window Name

Kiran

Hi,

I am opening a popup window using the code given below

window.open("test.aspx","EmployeeDetails").

how to get the window name("EmployeeDetails") in the new opened window
test.aspx using javascript.

And also is there a way to get the name("EmployeeDetails") in code
behind of test.aspx using asp.net

Thanks
Kiran

Siva M

Try self.name

Siva said:
Try self.name

Hi,

I am opening a popup window using the code given below

window.open("test.aspx","EmployeeDetails").

how to get the window name("EmployeeDetails") in the new opened window
test.aspx using javascript.

And also is there a way to get the name("EmployeeDetails") in code
behind of test.aspx using asp.net

Thanks
Kiran
Thanks, Any Ideas how to get the window name on server side using asp.net

Kiran

Dave Anderson

Kiran said:
Thanks, Any Ideas how to get the window name on server side using
asp.net

You get it the same way you get anything on the server -- have the client
send it. If it's not part of the request, the server does not know about it.

--
Dave Anderson

Kiran

Dave said:
You get it the same way you get anything on the server -- have the client
send it. If it's not part of the request, the server does not know about it.
Thanks Dave, I have decided to pass the windowname as querystring to the
new window.