    found.
    I copied hackicon.dll to various directories in my pythonpath but
    nothing happens.
    Sonia Rovner, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Sonia Rovner

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Sonia Rovner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using Python2.2.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.3 running on Win2000. I've been
    > researching how to change the icon on the title bar and found that
    > hackicon is the one I should pursue. However, hackicon package uses

    > dll. When I run the hi.py, I get an error saying
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
    > found.
    > I copied hackicon.dll to various directories in my pythonpath but
    > nothing happens.

    Unless hackicon.dll was specifically compiled to by Python importable,
    the import should fail. You probably need to wrap it. I believe both
    the calldll and ctypes third-party modules will work. Either google
    web andor newgroup for more info or wait for more informed answer
    here.

    Terry J. Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Sonia Rovner

    336699 Guest

    (Sonia Rovner) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > I'm using Python2.2.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.3 running on Win2000. I've been
    > researching how to change the icon on the title bar and found that
    > hackicon is the one I should pursue. However, hackicon package uses a
    > dll. When I run the hi.py, I get an error saying
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
    > found.
    > I copied hackicon.dll to various directories in my pythonpath but
    > nothing happens.

    Use tkIcon

    http://effbot.org/downloads/index.cgi/tkicon-0.9-19980218.zip
    336699, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Sonia Rovner

    Sonia Rovner Guest

    (336699) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Sonia Rovner) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hello,
    > > I'm using Python2.2.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.3 running on Win2000. I've been
    > > researching how to change the icon on the title bar and found that
    > > hackicon is the one I should pursue. However, hackicon package uses a
    > > dll. When I run the hi.py, I get an error saying
    > > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
    > > found.
    > > I copied hackicon.dll to various directories in my pythonpath but
    > > nothing happens.

    > Use tkIcon
    >
    > http://effbot.org/downloads/index.cgi/tkicon-0.9-19980218.zip

    I didn't have much luck with tkIcon either. It required installing
    PIL so that the import image works. I was hoping not to have to
    install another libray. Maybe I don't have any choice. Thanks all.
    Sonia
    Sonia Rovner, Jul 25, 2003