How to import pydoc and then use it?

mrstevegross

I know how to use pydoc from the command line. However, because of
complicated environmental setup, it would be preferable to run it
within a python script as a native API call. That is, my python runner
looks a bit like this:

import pydoc
pydoc.generate_html_docs_for(someFile)

However, it's not clear to me from the pydoc documentation which
function calls I need to use to make this behavior work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Steve

Albert Hopkins

I know how to use pydoc from the command line. However, because of
complicated environmental setup, it would be preferable to run it
within a python script as a native API call. That is, my python runner
looks a bit like this:

import pydoc
pydoc.generate_html_docs_for(someFile)

However, it's not clear to me from the pydoc documentation which
function calls I need to use to make this behavior work. Any ideas?

Did you try 'pydoc pydoc'? ;)

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Albert said:
Did you try 'pydoc pydoc'? ;)
By the way, just in case the OP didn't know, there is the epydoc module
(google it) which is doing basically the same things than pydoc, but
with a much better look and feel to my opinion.

JM