How to include HTML without border

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Asterbing, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. Asterbing

    Asterbing Guest

    Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
    another without any border nor visible scroll-bar. Even if I would like
    something which will work under Netscape too, at this point, my tests
    are made under IE6 with the following HTML files, using <object>,
    <embed> and <iframe> :

    The main HTML page :
    ********************
    <head>
    <title>HTML Include</title>
    </head>
    <u>Goal</u> : to include an HTML page without any border nor scroll
    bars.
    <b>OBJECT - no border : failure / no scroll : failure</b>
    <object width="720" height="400" type="text/html" data="dummy.htm"
    border="0"></object>
    <b>EMBED - doesn't even succeed to include the HTML</b>
    <embed width="720" height="400" type="text/html" src="dummy.htm">
    </embed>
    <b>IFRAME - no border : failure / no scroll : succes</b>
    <iframe width="720" height="400" src="dummy.htm" scrolling="no">
    </iframe>

    The one to include :
    ********************
    <head>
    </head>
    There's a saying that all you need are two ventriloquists and you've got
    a convention. When more than 400 of them show up at Fort Mitchell, (near
    Lexington, KY), it's a raucus, voice-tossing riot. That's recently what
    happened at the 21st Annual Ventriloquist Convention. Covering this
    event may seem the cushy assignment, but let me tell you, it was no
    puppet show. Ventriloquists are a tad sensitive about their portrayal as
    being...well...how shall I say this...silly. They are very serious about
    their art. I guess they want people to laugh at their well-crafted
    jokes, not the fact that they have their hands up some puppet's butt.
    I'll let you make your own decision. The three day convention gave
    "vents" a chance to get answers to pressing problems and challenges at
    workshops on topics ranging from "figure maintenance" to "voice
    manipulation." "My Fred is always falling off the stand," complains one
    attendee during the figure maintenance segment. "It's probably a heavy
    shoe problem," another vent responds. "I've seen it happen before." Pro
    vents and amateurs intermingled in Kentucky with good humor and respect.
    Like the diversity of the attendees, there was an equal assortment of
    dummies. There were hippie dummies like the braided Wally Newton, a
    Jewish baseball player, Draculas, yuppie dummies in jogging suits,
    grandpa dummies with young ventriloquists and interracial couples--white
    vents with black dolls. There are slick, male dummies that target
    freckled female puppets with lines like, "That's a nice-lookin' figure
    you've got!" And of course, there are the Howdy-Doodie looking dolls
    whose looks defy their wise-ass personalities. What's the difference
    between a pro and a "not-so-pro?" Well, the vents that keep their figure
    as a permanent sidekick tend to be the amateurs. They're the ones who
    have the figure cross its legs and move its head while a workshop is
    being held. The novelty is still novel for them. Cute. Ventriloquism,
    (from the latin,ventriloquus or belly talking,) is funny business. "It's
    about making people laugh. It's entertainment." explains professional
    ventriloquist Pete Michaels while his figure Buddy mocks the idea,
    offering, "No, it's all about the dark side. We sit around with candles,
    saying 'I am weird. I am weird.'" Their colleagues are often their
    toughest crowd. Many vents resort to self-deprecation, to beat them to
    the punch. Figures sport buttons saying, "I'm with a dummy," while
    another figure complains, "Most of the other dummies brought real
    ventriloquists!"

    That's all.
    How would you do ?
    Asterbing, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Asterbing

    Asterbing Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi all. I'm trying and don't succeed to include an HTML page into
    > another without any border nor visible scroll-bar. Even if I would like
    > something which will work under Netscape too, at this point, my tests
    > are made under IE6 with the following HTML files, using <object>,
    > <embed> and <iframe> :
    >
    > The main HTML page :
    > ********************
    > <head>
    > <title>HTML Include</title>
    > </head>
    > <u>Goal</u> : to include an HTML page without any border nor scroll
    > bars.
    > <b>OBJECT - no border : failure / no scroll : failure</b>
    > <object width="720" height="400" type="text/html" data="dummy.htm"
    > border="0"></object>
    > <b>EMBED - doesn't even succeed to include the HTML</b>
    > <embed width="720" height="400" type="text/html" src="dummy.htm">
    > </embed>
    > <b>IFRAME - no border : failure / no scroll : succes</b>
    > <iframe width="720" height="400" src="dummy.htm" scrolling="no">
    > </iframe>
    >
    > The one to include :
    > <head>

    Sorry, I've posted here rather than in alt.html : a mistake. Sorry again
    !
    Asterbing, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Asterbing

    Randy Webb Guest