How to integrate an image without a link ?

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?J=E9r=F4me?=

Hello,

How can I integrate an image within an html file without a link towards
an external file, and without using javascript ? (it is to send an html
as a signature of an email client with an image in the signature).

Can I encode it as a MIME file, containing html and a jpeg or
png-encoded image ? If so, what is the syntax ? Everything I tried
remained a failure !

Thanks for your help.

Jerome.

David Dorward

Jérôme said:
How can I integrate an image within an html file without a link towards
an external file, and without using javascript ?

Well, you could use the data: URL scheme, but support isn't that great.
(it is to send an html as a signature of an email client with an image in
the signature).

Eugh. Graphical sigs. Ick.
Can I encode it as a MIME file, containing html and a jpeg or
png-encoded image ?

Yes. Although I'd consider the image to still be external to the HTML
document.
If so, what is the syntax ?

http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=2111