how to join two xslt sheets

rufio

Hi all!
If I have 2 XSLTs and the 2nd takes output of the 1st,
is it possible to generate a sheet that would take input of the 1st one
and transforms it just as 2nd sheet would?

just in case my english isn't understandable:
A.xml---1.xsl--->B.xml---2.xsl--->C.xml
1.xsl+2.xsl=3.xsl
A.xml------------3.xsl----------->C.xml

regards, rufio

Andy Fish

rufio,

Technically I beleive it is possible. Since XSLT is Turing-equivalent, it
should be possible to perform any programming operation using it.

However, that doesn't mean it's realistic to combine two XSLTs in the
general case. Obviously for some cases it's reasonably straightforward but
there are some cases where it just seems to want to be split into two parts
and is inordinately complicated to do in one stage. I think if someone did
find a generic algorithm to combine two transformations it would be of
mathematical interest only.

That's my two cents but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a
different opinion

Andy