    TIA,
    Bob

    , Jul 19, 2005

  2. William Park Guest

    wrote:
    > I am using an easygui(http://www.ferg.org/easygui/index.html) dialog
    > (enterbox) to retrieve some info from a user. The program then goes on
    > and does a bit of processing, sometimes for several minutes. In the
    > meantime, the dialog stays there, dead but visible. I would prefer that
    > either another dialog ("Processing....") would be shown while
    > background stuff happens, or that the current dialog would simply
    > disappear. Ideas?

    I know I'm going to get flamed for this... but, perhaps,
    http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/index.html#gtk
    would side-step the problem altogether.

    Essentially, you describe your layout in XML syntax, feed it through
    Bash shell, and it will display GTK+2 widgets. When user clicks or
    types, data will be stored in shell variable or specified shell command
    will be executed. That's all.

    In order to call it from Python, you'd have to use os.system(), and
    store the shell variable to file or print it out to stdout. Then, you
    can read it back from Python. In fact, you can feed the input data
    directly from Python to shell.

    --
    William Park <>, Toronto, Canada
    BashDiff: Super Bash shell

    William Park, Jul 20, 2005

    William,

    Thanks for the reply. No flames, but I am running on both Linux and
    Windows, so I need a x-platform solution. I thought I had it with
    easygui...

    Must try some other ideas....

    , Jul 20, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > William,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply. No flames, but I am running on both Linux and
    > Windows, so I need a x-platform solution. I thought I had it with
    > easygui...
    >
    > Must try some other ideas....

    Can you post an example... the following works for me...

    >>> import easygui
    >>> while 1:

    .... rv = easygui.enterbox()
    .... if rv: