How to know whether a dll is in use

Oliver Jackson

With polls, the person who phrases the question determines the
outcome.  I ignore poll results that don't state the exact wording
of a question.

Another interesting thing about "democracy" is the peculiar faith
in the 50% threshold.  I recall a poll some yearsa go where something
like 40% of Indians supported violence against Muslims but, 40% being
less than 50%, the headline was "Indians favor religious harmony."

I've often thought that legislators *listening* to voters was often
the cause of problems rather than *not listening*.  In California,
a rather rich "country", schools and other public services have
deteriorated dramatically, and the State is on the verge of
bankruptcy.
Cutting taxes insanely is *not* something that legislative and
government professionals forced upon unwilling voters!

What tax cuts?

Antoninus Twink

What tax cuts?

Presumably he's alluding to California, and Arnie's failure to revoke
Proposition 13 despite the fact that the state is tottering dangerously
on the edge of bankruptcy.

Nick Keighley

Antoninus Twink said:
On  3 Dec 2009 at  8:35, Nick Keighley wrote:
reinserted:
****** ******

"What do you respect most?" Implies some sort of set of entities which
some sort of ordering. "out of red, yellow and blue I like blue the
[most]". "I think mauve is the most suitable colour for your bedroom".
It seemed obvious to me that he meant "which particular qualities of
Obama do you respect especially?". In fact, I can't see how you could
read it any other way.

It's not in the standard Mr Twink.

Rule #1 : feign confusion and academic fogey like fumblings when faced
with anything not in the standard. If you can, **** an eyebrow and purse
your lips too while staring quizzically and slightly bemused at the
young upstarts who dare to alter the way things should be.

you obviously won't believe, me but I really was struggling to
understand what point he was trying to make. Though I did understand
it wasn't topical!

ah, "what do you respect the most about him". Yes that does seem
clearer now. thanks. I thought it was one of those right-wing loonies
trying to make some obscure point.

And "most" isn't a comparator in this context?

Nick Keighley

With polls, the person who phrases the question determines the
outcome.
"influences".

 I ignore poll results that don't state the exact wording
of a question.

I'm dubious of the ones that don't publish "don't know" "won't answer"
or spoilt results.

<snip>

Richard Bos

Nick Keighley said:
Switzerland (and California?) might disagree with you here. Maybe it's
the politician's that are wrong?

The problem with democracy is not the stupid or dishonest politicians,
it's the stupid or dishonest voters. And there are a lot more of the
latter, if only because there are a lot more voters /in toto/.

Richard