how to launch new IE window so it will create separate ASP Session

Benny

How do I create a new IE window (client script or ASP.NET server code) so
that it will create a new ASP session with each new window?

Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The only way to do it is to spin up IE from the menu, not from internal
shortcuts. As you are sandboxed, I am not sure you can easily do this.
Perhaps an ActiveX control or Silverlight app?

bruce barker

switch to cookless sessions which use the url instead of a cookie. then when
opening the window, strip the sessionid from the url.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Benny,

I'm afraid for the question you mentioend here, it is out of the
server-side web application's control. The IE new window/popup creating
behavior is totally controled by the client-side browser. So far those
common ways to create new window will always result a new window in the
same session. I think the only way to create a new IE window with new
session is use API to create new process(that may require you to run some
strong-code such as activex on client side).

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).