How to let browsers be done when parent is done and not wait for childrn's finishing in CGI

Zhidian Du

I am writing a CGI program and find that the browsers always wait for
all the processes to be done, it will be done.

What I want to do is to let browsers say "done" on its status bar when
parent is done, which is very short and do not let it say
"transferring data...." since childrn take very long time.

How to do it.

Thanks.

Z. Du

FORK: {

if ( $pid = fork ) {
print "You will receive email shortly.\n";
print $query->end_html();
exit 0;
}
elsif ( defined $pid ) { #main part