How to make a datagrid column a row

Ken B

How can I make a datagrid column into a single row that spans all the
other columns?
In this case I have a comment field that I want to make as wide as the
table but I cannot figure out how to tell asp.net datagrid that I want
a new row.

I am using visual studio 2005,

Thanks to anybody who has tried this and has a solution

KB

Eliyahu Goldin

You may look at using a repeater with 2 rows in the itemtemplate. Something
like this:

<asp:repeater>
<headertemplate>
</headertemplate>
<itemtemplate>
</itemtemplate>
</asp:repeater>
<footertemplate>
</footertemplate>

and handle ItemDataBound event to hide trNormal or trComment as needed.
--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Ken,

U need to handle RowDataBound event making changes to your rows there

see sample there http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/joshuagough/archive/2006/06/23/141038.aspx

---
WBR,