How to make a library

poison.summer

Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

Thank you very much!

Malcolm

Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

Thank you very much!
It's platform specific.
If you are on UNIX, look up the gcc options.
If you are on Windows, look up the "create new project" options for the
Microsoft compiler.

Emmanuel Delahaye

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?
Not a C-language question.

<OT>
Using a librarian. It's a utility that comes with your development
environment. (with GCC, it's called 'ar', meaning 'Archive').
</>

Kleuskes & Moos

Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

Thank you very much!

First off, this is off topic in this newsgroup, as you could have read in
the FAQ.

Second, how to make a library, depends on your OS and toolchain.

So:
1. Read the documentation supplied with your toolchain (RTFM, for short).
2. If you have questions after that, find a newsgroup which is pertinent
to your OS/toolchain.
3. Provide some more details, since crystall balls are in short supply.

Regards,

Kleuske.

Kenneth Brody

Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

This is outside of C's realm, and it varies based on O/S and compiler/linker
being used.

<OT>
Given your use of ".o" makes me think you're on a Unix-type system, so you
can probably get your answer with the command "man ar".

If you need more help, you'll need to ask in a group that supports your
particular O/S and/or compiler/linker.
</OT>