    How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

    Thank you very much!

    , Dec 13, 2005

  2. Malcolm Guest

    <> wrote
    > Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
    > How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    It's platform specific.
    If you are on UNIX, look up the gcc options.
    If you are on Windows, look up the "create new project" options for the
    Microsoft compiler.

    Malcolm, Dec 13, 2005

  3. a écrit :
    > Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
    > How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

    Not a C-language question.

    <OT>
    Using a librarian. It's a utility that comes with your development
    environment. (with GCC, it's called 'ar', meaning 'Archive').
    </>

    --
    A+

    Emmanuel Delahaye

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Dec 13, 2005
  4. On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:21:55 -0800, poison.summer wrote:

    > Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
    > How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    First off, this is off topic in this newsgroup, as you could have read in
    the FAQ.

    Second, how to make a library, depends on your OS and toolchain.

    So:
    1. Read the documentation supplied with your toolchain (RTFM, for short).
    2. If you have questions after that, find a newsgroup which is pertinent
    to your OS/toolchain.
    3. Provide some more details, since crystall balls are in short supply.

    Regards,

    Kleuske.

    Kleuskes & Moos, Dec 13, 2005
  5. wrote:

    > Hello I have a question, if I have several .o files.
    > How can I combine those libraries together and make a library?

    This is outside of C's realm, and it varies based on O/S and compiler/linker
    being used.

    <OT>
    Given your use of ".o" makes me think you're on a Unix-type system, so you
    can probably get your answer with the command "man ar".

    If you need more help, you'll need to ask in a group that supports your
    particular O/S and/or compiler/linker.
    </OT>

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>

    Kenneth Brody, Dec 13, 2005