How to make a protected property in the base component public in the derived component?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Ingvar Nilsen, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. I have a base component, from which several components derive.
    What I want is to just publish some of the protected properties in the
    base component.

    public class BaseClass
    private int FA;
    protected int A
    get {return FA;}
    set {FA = value;}

    public class DerivedClass: BaseClass
    Here I just want to publish the protected property A

    Can this be done with just a directive?
    Or do I need:

    new public int A
    get {return base.A;}
    set {base.A = value;}

    To do this?
    I come from another environment, Borland Delphi, where this can be done
    in a very simple way, I find the above approach rather cumbersome when
    publishing many properties.

    Ingvar Nilsen
    Ingvar Nilsen, Dec 16, 2004