How to make the page?

Robert

Hello,

I'm trying to collect some data from one page, which have to be mixed up
neatly. This is the aim:

I collect the category names from a table in the database (tblCategorie).
The names are put neatly in a column. Then each category needs a list of
groups that have been entered. The groups are in the table 'tblGroepen'.

That is what I have got so far, but I don't know how combine it and make it
work.

Code:

<!-- #include file="inc/db_start.asp" -->
<!-- #include file="inc/Functies.asp" -->
<head>
<title></title>
<link href="Style/Default.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
</head>
<%
if Session("Pro_ID") = "" then
%> <html>
<head>
<title>Inloggen</title>
</head>
<%Call ShowLoginForm%>

</center>
<%
response.end
end if
%>
<head>
<title></title>
<link href="Style/Default.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
</head>
<%
set rst = cnn.execute("SELECT * FROM tblCategorie")
do until rst.eof
%>
<%=rst("CatNaam")%>
Groepen hier!
<%rst.movenext
loop
rst.close
set rst = nothing
%>
<% set rst = cnn.execute("SELECT * FROM tblGroepen")
do until rst.eof%>
<%=rst("GrpNaam")%>
<%rst.movenext
loop
rst.close
set rst = nothing%>
<!-- #include file="inc/db_end.asp" -->

Can anyone help me with this???

Regards

Robert.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Combine it how? In one table? Are these two totally unrelated chunks of
data? You could try something like:

<%

Dim rsCat, rsGroup
Set rsCat = cnn.execute("SELECT CatNaam FROM tblCategorie")
Set rsGroup = cnn.Execute("SELECT GrpNaam FROM tblGroepen")

%>

<% Do %>
<%
If Not rsCat.EOF Then
Response.Write rsCat.Fields.Item("CatNaam").Value
Else
Response.Write "&nbsp;"
End If
%>
<%
If Not rsGroup.EOF Then
Response.Write rsGroup.Fields.Item("GrpNaam").Value
Else
Response.Write "&nbsp;"
End If
%>
<%
On Error Resume Next
rsCat.MoveNext
rsGroup.MoveNext
On Error Goto 0

If rsCat.EOF And rsGroup.EOF Then Exit Do
Loop
%>

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2096

Ray at work

Bullschmidt

Perhaps have tables something like this:

tblCategorie:
CategorieID
CategorieName

tblGroepen:
GroepenID
CategorieID
GroepenName

And for a SQL string joinging the two tables:

strSQL = "SELECT tblCategorie.CategorieID, CategorieName, GroepenID,
GroepenName FROM tblCategorie LEFT JOIN tblGroepen ON
tblCategorie.CategorieID = tblGroepen.CategorieID ORDER BY
CategorieName, GroepenName"

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

<<