How to make this custom textarea?

noagbodjivictor

Hello all,
I'm trying to make the step 2 of import process of Ms Excel in
Javascript. Take a look at what I'm trying to do here:
http://tiger.towson.edu/~knoagb1/screencap.jpg Now, this is what I
have got: http://tiger.towson.edu/~knoagb1/javascript/textslicer.html

The idea is to get the positions of created guidelines in an array; a
server side script would use this array to split the file and then
import into excel. But I have many troubles.

First of all, my ruler should move as the scrollbar scrolls right. And
I should be able to add guideline beyond the size of the textarea, ie
in the part scrolled to.

Do you have any ideas that can help me?