    experience on that?

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer

    Robert Scheer, May 2, 2007

  2. Refactoring requires many small steps rather than a big bang change.

    First, you need to move your actual code into libraries. If you separate the
    UI from your code completely, by moving all business logic into libraries
    (both SmartClient and Web applications) you will find that change of UI is
    easy.

    WPF pushes you closer to the separation of UI from code, as XAML describes
    the UI portions. Actually, if being technical, XAML describes intent, as the
    actual UI can be altered at run time, but let's not confuse this issue. :)

    If you have true separation of code and UI, you should find migration to be
    easy, as you start creating XAML front ends and testing with the same
    libraries you are currently using. If you are, instead, trying to big bang
    it, I can guarantee some pain.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 2, 2007