    execute a file on a new command prompt

    but on unix platform and python 2.3 what is the alternate for
    executing a file like above in a new shell prompt

    gaurav kashyap, Oct 30, 2008

  2. reply please

    gaurav kashyap, Oct 30, 2008

  3. Dear Tino,
    I am using python 2.3.5. on POSIX system,I have the simple query as:

    I log into the shell as root.Can i issue some command that will open
    another terminal?(i.e I get a duplicate copy of the shell prompt
    already opened)

    gaurav kashyap, Oct 30, 2008
  4. Dear Tino,
    There is no subprocess module in python 2.3.5.

    My goal is:

    1.Open a terminal window and login as root.

    2.Issue some command in the terminal window that will open another
    terminal,similar to the one already opened.

    Am i clear now.

    gaurav kashyap, Oct 31, 2008