How to open an xls file

Houdev Houdev

Hi,
I have a blocking problem and I really need urgent help.
i'm very new in ruby and i find it great...
I woudl like to open an xls file, but I get the following error :
*****************
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/parseexcel/olestorage.rb:353:in
`get_header': OLE::UnknownFormatError (OLE::UnknownFormatError
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/parseexcel/olestorage.rb:110:in
`initialize'
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/parseexcel/parser.rb:172:in
`new'
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/parseexcel/parser.rb:172:in
`parse'
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/parseexcel/parseexcel.rb:10:in `parse'
******************
I installed parseexcel lib of course, but noo progress.
Thanks for your help all

houdev

Thomas Preymesser

Hi,
I have a blocking problem and I really need urgent help.
i'm very new in ruby and i find it great...
I woudl like to open an xls file, but I get the following error :

Are you sure, your .xls file is really an excel file? How do you have
created this file?
Can you post the code how you have used the parseexcel gem?

-Thomas

--=20
Thomas Preymesser
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
B=FCro: 030 - 830 353 88
mobil: 0176 - 75 03 03 04
Privat: 030 - 49 78 37 06
http://thopre.wordpress.com/
http://www.thopre.com/

hisham Houdev

--
Thomas Preymesser
(e-mail address removed)

Hi and thanks fo ryoru answer,
I download the xls file from a website as follows :
Net::HTTP.start("www.casablanca-bourse.com") { |http|
resp = http.get("/cgi/ASP/Marche_Central/TelechargerDonnees.asp")
open("Donnes_Bourse.xls", "wb") { |file|
file.write(resp.body)

Is there something wrong with this code ?
Thanks for help