How to open window across browsers

ipellew

Hi;

Any one point me to why this js fragment

help_win = window.open('try_01_help.html','Exam Questions Help'
,'width=650,height=800,dependent=yes, top=10,
left=10');

fails in Explorer. Is OK in Firefox etc.

Regards
Ian

web.dev

Hi;

Any one point me to why this js fragment

help_win = window.open('try_01_help.html','Exam Questions Help'
,'width=650,height=800,dependent=yes, top=10,
left=10');

fails in Explorer. Is OK in Firefox etc.

Regards
Ian

For the window.open() method, the second argument expects a string to
specify the name of a window. Not to be confused with the name that
appears on the title bar of the browser.

The name value is used for the TARGET attribute, for example an <A>
tag. However, it should not contain spaces. Removing the spaces for
the window name fixes your problem.

window.open("try_01_help.html", "Exam_Questions_Help", ...etc...);

Randy Webb

web.dev said the following on 7/13/2006 2:54 PM:
For the window.open() method, the second argument expects a string to
specify the name of a window. Not to be confused with the name that
appears on the title bar of the browser.

The name value is used for the TARGET attribute, for example an <A>
tag. However, it should not contain spaces. Removing the spaces for
the window name fixes your problem.

window.open("try_01_help.html", "Exam_Questions_Help", ...etc...);

There are no spaces allowed in the third parameter to window.open
either. IE will do some strange things when there are, including
ignoring anything after the space or all of it entirely.