    desktop. They have to pass information between each other. Can any one
    explain how this can be achieved using XML DOM structure?

    Thanks.
    Srini, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Srini

    Andy Fish Guest

    XML is a method of representing data, not of transferring it per se. Once
    you have figured out how to get the two apps to talk to each other, XML
    might be an appropriate format for them to exchange data.

    The normal way of doing communication between apps in windows is OLE if one
    of them is a server and the other is acting as a client. if they are peers
    sending messages to each other you would probably want to be using named
    pipes but I'm not sure how to do that in VB.

    maybe you could try asking in microsoft.public.xml or
    comp.languages.basic.visual

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Nov 25, 2003