How to pass data between 2 VB applications using XMLDOM

Srini

I am a beginner to using XML for communication between processes. I
have heard about using XML for passing of information between 2
applications.

We have 2 desktop applications developed in VB, running on the same
desktop. They have to pass information between each other. Can any one
explain how this can be achieved using XML DOM structure?

Thanks.

Andy Fish

XML is a method of representing data, not of transferring it per se. Once
you have figured out how to get the two apps to talk to each other, XML
might be an appropriate format for them to exchange data.

The normal way of doing communication between apps in windows is OLE if one
of them is a server and the other is acting as a client. if they are peers
sending messages to each other you would probably want to be using named
pipes but I'm not sure how to do that in VB.

maybe you could try asking in microsoft.public.xml or
comp.languages.basic.visual

Andy