how to pass variable value to a sql query

Pradeepta Swain

Hi,
How can i pass a variable to a sql query like

rs = dbh.prepare("select *from status_check where id=204")
rs.execute

Instead of giving the value of id I want to make it dynamic ,where I can
pass the dynamic value of id fetched from database much like in PL/SQL .
How to do this .Anybody help !!

David Morton

Karthi kn

Pradeepta said:
Hi,
How can i pass a variable to a sql query like

rs = dbh.prepare("select *from status_check where id=204")
rs.execute

Instead of giving the value of id I want to make it dynamic ,where I can
pass the dynamic value of id fetched from database much like in PL/SQL .
How to do this .Anybody help !!

rs = dbh.prepare("select *from status_check where id=#{value}")
rs.execute

David Morton