    able to install
    activx,NET components or any other stuff.

    Thanks in advance

    Julia, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Julia

    McKirahan Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    news:#...

    > Hi,
    > I have a web application running inside an organization
    > and I need to post some data to an asp page sitting outside the

    organization

    > How do I get failure or success error from the outside page?
    > currently I am using IFrame,but I wonder if I get 404(server down) how do

    > know I go an error?
    >
    > BTW:since it is an organization i am open to other solution,cause i might

    be
    > able to install
    > activx,NET components or any other stuff.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    What does the outside ASP page do?

    Could you be more specific?

    Is ts like using a <form> on another site?

    Here's an example of doing a reverse phone number lookup:

    <head>
    <title>lookup.htm</title>
    </head>
    <form action="http://www22.verizon.com/utilities/reverselookup/"
    method="get" name="ypform">
    <input type="hidden" name="process" value="yes">
    <input type="hidden" name="A2" value="718">
    <input type="hidden" name="X3" value="257">
    <input type="hidden" name="P2" value="4956">
    </form>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.ypform.submit();
    </script>

    This returns a page with the result whether the number is found or not.

    McKirahan, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Julia

    Julia Guest

    The outside page act like a webservice,it update a record in the data base
    and return success or failed

    Julia, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Julia

    McKirahan Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    > The outside page act like a webservice,it update a record in the data base
    > and return success or failed

    [snip]

    We still need more information.

    Is it a public page that we can look at?

    How is it invoked? By a URL, form (get or post), or ?

    How does it "return success or failed"?

    McKirahan, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Julia

    Julia Guest

    I didn't write it yet,
    it can return whatever I like
    1.a text string("true","false")
    2.XML document
    3...

    "How is it invoked? By a URL, form (get or post), or ?"

    In general what I am looking for is something similar to webservice,but
    since webservice cannot
    called cross domain I cannot use the HTC webservice

    Thanks.

    Julia, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Julia

    McKirahan Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message

    > I didn't write it yet,
    > it can return whatever I like
    > 1.a text string("true","false")
    > 2.XML document
    > 3...
    >
    > "How is it invoked? By a URL, form (get or post), or ?"
    >
    > In general what I am looking for is something similar to webservice,but
    > since webservice cannot
    > called cross domain I cannot use the HTC webservice
    >

    > Thanks.

    [snip]

    Would you describe your intended processing in more detail?

    For example,

    a) User fills out form and clicks "submit"
    b) Form data is validated on the client and invokes a page in another
    domain
    c) Page on other domain attempts to update a database table with the form
    data and returns a status code\

    If something like the above, what happens on the calling page during and
    after the call to the other page?

    McKirahan, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Julia wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a web application running inside an organization
    > and I need to post some data to an asp page sitting outside the
    > organization
    >
    > How do I get failure or success error from the outside page?
    > currently I am using IFrame,but I wonder if I get 404(server down)
    > how do I know I go an error?
    >
    > BTW:since it is an organization i am open to other solution,cause i
    > might be able to install
    > activx,NET components or any other stuff.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You can use XMLHTTPRequest in your client-side code (or ServerXMLHTTPRequest
    in your server-side code). Google should provide some information about
    this. If you are asking how to do this in the client, then follow-ups should
    be posted in a client-side scripting newsgroup such as one of the .scripting
    groups, or one of the groups with "dhtml" in their names.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 20, 2004
  8. Julia

    Bill Puetz Guest

    Julia,

    Here's an excellent component for doing what you want, and much more:

    http://dart.com/powertcp/webenterprise.asp

    I've only been using it for a short time, but both the product and tech
    support have been outstanding. I needed a robust way to handle gift card
    transactions, and WET fits the bill perfectly. I have no connection to
    Dart, other than being a happy customer.

    Regards,

    Bill

    Bill Puetz, Oct 22, 2004