How to post XML to aspx page?

Guest

I have a page that posts XML from a textbox on the UI to another aspx page.
This is the code that's currently working when the project does not have
"Option Strict" turned on, but I'd like it on, so I'm trying to clean up the
old code. Can someone help me .net'ify this code? It's the very top line
(MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP30) that tells me it's undefined, and I cannot find a
class library that it's in. Should this be an HttpWebRequest instead?
THANKS!

Dim otestPosting As New MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP30
Dim lResolve As Integer
Dim lConnect As Integer
Dim lSend As Integer
Dim lReceive As Integer

' Set timeout parameters for XML connection
lResolve = 60 * 1000
lConnect = 30 * 1000
lSend = 30 * 1000
lReceive = 30 * 1000

otestPosting.setTimeouts(lResolve, lConnect, lSend, lReceive)
otestPosting.open("POST", "http://myurl.com", False)
otestPosting.send(myTextbox.Text)
txtReturnXML.Text = otestPosting.responseText

Joerg Jooss

Barb said:
I have a page that posts XML from a textbox on the UI to another aspx
page. This is the code that's currently working when the project
does not have "Option Strict" turned on, but I'd like it on, so I'm
trying to clean up the old code. Can someone help me .net'ify this
code? It's the very top line (MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP30) that tells me
it's undefined, and I cannot find a class library that it's in.
Should this be an HttpWebRequest instead? THANKS!

See http://tinyurl.com/95hpt. That's a FAQ ;-)

Cheers,