How to print Java Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Clarence Blumstein, Apr 26, 2010.

  1. I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
    convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

    Clarence Blumstein, Apr 26, 2010

  2. Clarence Blumstein

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 4/26/2010 7:01 AM, Clarence Blumstein wrote:
    > I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
    > convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

    No. Quite aside from copyright issues, it's stupid. Laser
    printing costs around 5 cents per page, inkjet around 9. The
    book has 672 pages, so that's $34 to do it on a laser printer,
    $60 on an inkjet. Meanwhile, Amazon offers the book, already
    printed and bound with no time and effort on your part, for $38
    new and "from $28" used.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid

    Eric Sosman, Apr 26, 2010

  3. Clarence Blumstein

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On 4/26/2010 5:22 AM, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > On 4/26/2010 7:01 AM, Clarence Blumstein wrote:
    >> I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
    >> convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

    > No. Quite aside from copyright issues, it's stupid. Laser
    > printing costs around 5 cents per page, inkjet around 9. The
    > book has 672 pages, so that's $34 to do it on a laser printer,
    > $60 on an inkjet. Meanwhile, Amazon offers the book, already
    > printed and bound with no time and effort on your part, for $38
    > new and "from $28" used.

    Not to mention it is much less convenient to "click a link" on a printed
    page ;-)

    Daniel Pitts, Apr 26, 2010