How to read a text file?

Quinn

Hi,

I add a folder to my web application, the folder name is "Text" and I put
one text file (1.txt) in the folder. in Default.aspx.vb load event, I try to
open this text file:

dim fs as new io.filestream(server.mappath("test\1.txt"),filemode.open)
dim sr as new io.streamreader(fs)
dim s as string=sr.readtoend
sr.close

response.write (s)

I got a error saying "access to path <path> is denied".

How do I resolve this problem?

Regards

Quinn

George Ter-Saakov

Usually "access denied" is resolved by giving permissions to the appropriate
account.

In your case it's ASPNET account... needs to have "Read" permissions.

Also change this
dim fs as new io.filestream(server.mappath("test\1.txt"),filemode.open)

dim fs as new io.filestream(server.mappath("test\1.txt"),filemode.open,
FileAccess.Read)

otherwise it will require write/modify permissions as well

George.

Norman Yuan

You need to make sure the ASP.NET running user account (hopefully, you know
which user account is used/configured by you to run the ASP.NET application)
have at least "read" permission to that folder.