how to read and write any .doc file through java

narayan jaiswal

Hi; all

I have one assignement.I have to read and write .doc file through
java code .I am not
getting any api for this requirement.I have checked POI(Jakarta) api
for this but i found
that this is under development.

Thank in advance

Mark Jeffcoat

narayan jaiswal said:
I have one assignement.I have to read and write .doc file through
java code .I am not
getting any api for this requirement.I have checked POI(Jakarta) api
for this but i found
that this is under development.

POI may still be under development, but it's also a
very mature and useful library. I last used it three
years ago for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets --
even that long ago, it had everything I needed, and
I never ran into any serious defects.

In short, I suggest taking another look at POI.