How to read pixels from monochrome BMP

Guest

How to read pixels from monochrome BMP (or GIF) image?
I want to recognize object on bitmap?

Thanks

usenet

How to read pixels from monochrome BMP (or GIF) image?
I want to recognize object on bitmap?

I suspect that you want to defeat a Turing Test. It cannot be done
(unless the "Turing test" is so trivially stupid that it is subject to
OCR attacks).

See these threads:
http://tinyurl.com/rorrj
http://tinyurl.com/hj9no

If I were a suspicious kinda guy, I would suspect that the OP is once
again the thick-skulled ushsriram making yet ANOTHER attempt to ask how
to do the IMPOSSIBLE (it may not be impossible to someone who knows a
whole lot more about computer science than Alan Turing - which would
make you more of an expert than, I daresay, anybody on this - or any
other - newsgroup).

If your vague question is not actually asking how to defeat a Turing
test then please accept my apologies for comparing you to the idiot
ushsriram and please provide additional particulars (including maybe a
link to a sample image).

Peter J. Holzer

Richard said:
Read the .bmp and .gif specs and use unpack?

GIF files are compressed, so unpack won't help much - you still have to
implement the uncompression algorithm.

A better approach would be to use the GD or Imager modules to read the file
and then use the getpixel method to get at the individual pixels.

Of course actually recognizing any objects is the harder half of the
problem :)

hp