How to recognize what ring tone support?

Jonah Olsson

Dear all,

I'm building an application where I want to take advantage of the mobile
device support of the .NET Framework.
How can I determine what type of ring tones the mobile device supports (i.e.
polyphonic, truetone etc.)? I assume I should create a new filter, but what
should I filter against?

Thanks for any kind of help.

Regards,
Jonah

Jean-Luc David [MS-MVP]

Hi Jonah,

Here is a list of all the core device capabilities available using Mobile
ASP.NET:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mwlrfDeviceCapabilitiesTable.asp

Unfortunately, there is no pre-established way of figuring out whether a
device
has a polyphonic or truetone ringtone.

This would involve some work on your part but you can compile a list of
devices
that support polyphony, ect and filter against the device's user agent.
Please refer
to the Mobile Device Capabilities page on the MSDN website:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mworiMobileCapabilities.asp

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP