how to record screen acrtions programatically?

Sree

Hi All,

I want to implement a canvas on a HTML page where a user can draw. He
does it by clicking a 'Start' button. Since that point all his actions
on that canvas should be recorded, till he clicks 'Stop'. When he
clicks a 'Play' button, all the events (that are captured( must be
redrawn in a timely manner.

Could you please give any suggestions on which scripting/prog.language
to use, steps to be followed, how to optimize (file size factors) etc.

thanks.

Jeff Higgins

Hi All,

I want to implement a canvas on a HTML page where a user can draw. He
does it by clicking a 'Start' button. Since that point all his actions
on that canvas should be recorded, till he clicks 'Stop'. When he
clicks a 'Play' button, all the events (that are captured( must be
redrawn in a timely manner.

Could you please give any suggestions on which scripting/prog.language
to use, steps to be followed, how to optimize (file size factors) etc.

thanks.

Starting Writing a Program
<http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>

Jeff Higgins

Hi All,

I want to implement a canvas on a HTML page where a user can draw. He
does it by clicking a 'Start' button. Since that point all his actions
on that canvas should be recorded, till he clicks 'Stop'. When he
clicks a 'Play' button, all the events (that are captured( must be
redrawn in a timely manner.

Could you please give any suggestions on which scripting/prog.language
to use, steps to be followed, how to optimize (file size factors) etc.

thanks.
HTML 5 canvas element, example.
<http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/html5-canvas-painting/>

Roedy Green

I want to implement a canvas on a HTML page where a user can draw. He
does it by clicking a 'Start' button. Since that point all his actions
on that canvas should be recorded, till he clicks 'Stop'. When he
clicks a 'Play' button, all the events (that are captured( must be
redrawn in a timely manner.

Could you please give any suggestions on which scripting/prog.language
to use, steps to be followed, how to optimize (file size factors) etc.

you need some sort of collection to record the keystrokes, mouseclicks
etc.

Your paintComponent method then scans the list and redraws everything
inside the clip region.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/canvas.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpanel.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/paintcomponent.html